Full text Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
How do you convert scanned/captured documents into searchable files and migrate them to your Document Management System? PSIcapture provides several Optical Character Recognition (OCR) engine options, to provide your organization with the ability to perform full text conversions, or focus on specific areas of the page, with Zone OCR and Optical Mark Recognition (OMR).
There are several output format options, including the following: searchable PDF, text formats, Microsoft Word, HTML and others.
Below is a full OCR feature set for PSIcapture
- Create searchable PDF s within a Microsoft SharePoint Document Library
- OCR output formats include: PDF, Text and XML
- Scan paper files for conversion, or import digital images from folders
- Convert PDF, TIFF, BMP, JPG, PNG and GIF to searchable files
- Broad range of language support
- Performance tuning options to choose between recognition speed and accuracy
- OCR engine: Open TEXT; Recostar to provide for speed and accuracy
- PDF creation engine allows for PDF with hidden text, text PDF and image PDF
- PDF fields can be populated with index field information
Zone Optical Character Recognition (OCR) Features:
- Zone OCR Separation – ability to split files based on key terms
- Create Zone OCR processing templates based on document types to gather data from capture images
- Automatically create SharePoint Document Libraries from captured text
- Specify zone types and filters
- Perform imagine processing prior to OCR to insure the best accuracy
Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) Features:
- Read check boxes on forms
- Create Scanning Routing Sheets
- Process surveys, Forms, Election Ballot Papers
To learn more about OMR and OCR, contact UpFlow today!